Quick Facts from Southeast Asia U.S. Agriculture Cooperators’ Conference in Singapore
The 15th annual agricultural cooperators buyers’ conference in Southeast Asia took place from August 6 to 8 in Singapore, marking the 40th anniversary of USSEC’s work in Southeast Asia. The U.S. soy industry celebrated continued strong growth of exports of U.S. soybeans and soybean products into this region of the world.
200 guests from 11 countries participated, including:
- 79 importer participants representing 61 companies in 7 countries
- 43 exporter participants, 13 from the U.S., and in total representing 18 exporting organizations
- U.S. soy grower leaders / QSSBs – 6 representatives from 5 states (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and North Carolina)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) – 11 representatives from 7 countries, including 1 from the Federal Grain Inspection Service (FGIS) in Washington, DC
Event Sponsors included:
- The U.S. Soy checkoff – the United Soybean Board (USB) as well as several Qualified State Soybean Boards (QSSB) – Kentucky, Minnesota, and South Dakota.
- FAS/USDA – Foreign Market Development (FMD) / Market Access Program (MAP)
- Companies and organizations: CME Group, CoBank, INTL FCStone, Marubeni, CHS Inc., Invivo Trading, Merus, International Feed Co.
Watch for more information about this event in a future edition of the Global News Update!