Staying in (Virtual) Touch: USSEC Deploys Technology to Maintain Relationships with Global Customers
As travel and face-to-face meetings continue to be curtailed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, USSEC has adeptly pivoted to maintain relationships with key audiences around the globe through the use of technology.
Since the travel ban was established in March, USSEC has worked to convert many activities and events in all global regions to digital. More than 80 events, scheduled in the Americas, Europe/Middle East-North Africa, Greater China, Northeast Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and worldwide have become virtual. In addition to events, USSEC’s global boots on the ground are working with customers to continue to provide technical and trade assistance and market access from a physical distance. Some of these events have already taken place, others are highlighted in this week’s newsletter, and many more will take place over the upcoming months. Specific activities have been designed for customers ranging from importers, processors, crushers, and nutritionists to commercial end users and many more, and for all utilization areas from animal and aqua feed to oil to soyfoods.
Here’s a quick rundown of the virtual events held thus far:
- Americas: U.S. Soy University and U.S. Soy Talks
- EU/MENA: VA Soy Protein and Oil Technical Meeting, 7th Annual Conference of the Romanian Feed Association and First Soy Outlook Virtual Conference
- Greater China: Soybean Planting Perspective of U.S. Farmers in 2020 and the Impact of Covid-19 on the First Phase of Economic and Trade Agreements and International Financial Markets, U.S. Soy Solutions to Specialty Soy Food Products, and Purchasing Decision Recommendations for U.S. Soy Importers/Buyers, Analysis of Market Factors Affecting Soybean Import and Suggestions on Purchasing Strategy of Soybean Meal for Feed Enterprises, U.S. SSAP Soy Advantages for China Aquaculture DevelopmentSSAP Soy Advantages for China Aquaculture Development, IPRS Principles & System Designing, and IPRS Equipment Selection & Operation Management
- South Asia (Asia Subcontinent): Cold-Chain Webinar- Frozen is the New Fresh and Soy Dairy Analogs Course 1- Technical Seminar
- Southeast Asia: In-House Training on Quality of Soy Beverage Products (SoyBeaN Indonesia) and Virtual Seminar for Self-mixing Layer Farmers