Job Title: Qualified State Soybean Boards (QSSB), Program and Customer Relations Manager
Date Prepared: 4/18/2013
Department: Marketing FLSA: Exempt
No. of Direct Reports: 0 Country: United States
Summary of Work:
The position will be responsible for 1) strengthening relationships with all Qualified State Soybean Boards (QSSBs) in the U.S., 2) addressing international program needs and 3) maintaining and enhancing the relations with USSEC’s customers, members and/or funding sources. Provide full support to the Business Development Department including reports, contracts, meetings, and market analysis.
- Develop an outreach program to work with QSSBs on their international marketing programs, projects or activities. Respond to QSSB’s request for proposals for international marketing projects.
- Create database tracking key information such as QSSB’s budgets and historical allocations to international markets, QSSB’s fiscal year, QSSB’s staff roster and international marketing experience.
- Ensure QSSB projects assigned to USSEC move efficiently through approval process and implementation.
- Ensure regular reports to QSSBs via centralized data base
- Communicate market/trade issues to QSSBs such as commercial market activity, subcontractor activity, development related to market access, competitiveness issues, etc.
- Meet regularly with QSSB’s and encourage their participation during USSEC’s board meetings and in practical settings (Commodity Classic, USB Board Meetings, ASA meetings, etc.)
- Develop agendas and coordinate consultants/speakers for scheduled QSSB and Meetings with customers or grower leaders
- Provide market data and analysis to support the Unified Export Strategy that heightens the value of USSEC’s mission and vision to QSSBs and other stakeholders
- Manage the development and timely distribution of reports and other related materials, ensuring compliance with funding source requirements and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain organizational tools to manage, monitor and evaluate program deadlines, activities and budgets.
- Develop and maintain presentations and communication materials for QSSBs, Grower Leaders, customers and USSEC members.
- Provide input into the annual strategic planning and resource allocation process for USSEC and QSSBs.
- Develop and coordinate related materials for USSEC, ASA or USB board meetings.
- Review activities and their budgets to ensure proper. expenditure rates, itemized allocations and deadlines
- Represent USSEC at various forums, seminars and functions.
- Coordinate with Communications Manager to respond to industry inquiries via telephone, mail, internet, etc.
- Manage consultants through RFP’s, contracts and invoices.
- Review and approve payment vouchers and invoices as necessary.
- Serve as a point of contact with overseas offices, internal USSEC departments and QSSBs.
- Assist in special projects/programs as designated by the Director
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, agriculture, or another field related to the position’s duties and four years of work experience coordinating or administering agricultural programs
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer skills
- Critical thinking, prioritization, analytical, organization, and planning skills
- Master’s degree in international business, marketing, agriculture, or another field related to the position’s duties
- Working knowledge of the soybean industry
- Work experience marketing soybean products domestically and internationally
- Experience working with contractors and other state and national organizations in promoting soybeans or other agricultural commodity to potential domestic and international buyers
- Work experience developing and managing budgets and contracts
- Work experience making presentations to groups including boards
- Work experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with a variety of people including co-workers, producers, agribusinesses, boards, and contractors
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Applicants must submit a full resume with cover letter and salary history to:
Victoria Wors, Human Resources Advisor
16305 Swingley Ridge Road, #200
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Must have a valid driver’s license and U.S. Passport to be able to regularly travel domestically with some international travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
United States Soybean Export Council does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions promulgated by the U.S. Department of Labor, EEOC/AAP and the State of Missouri Commission on Human Rights.