U.S. Soy Grower Leader Participates in USDA Trade Mission to Southeast Asia
Last week, American Soybean Association director Bret Davis took part in a trade mission to Southeast Asia on behalf of USSEC.
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Under Secretary for Trade and Foreign Agricultural Affairs Ted McKinney led a trade mission July 16 to 19, joined by U.S. business and state government leaders seeking to expand agricultural export opportunities in Southeast Asia.
The mission was based in Jakarta, Indonesia, but also included delegations of buyers from Malaysia and the Philippines who are interested in purchasing U.S. farm and food products.
“USDA trade missions are an incredible opportunity for companies looking to branch out into new markets,” McKinney said. “Participants have the chance to forge personal relationships with potential customers and learn first-hand about the ins and outs of doing business in those markets.”
Like the rest of Southeast Asia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines are experiencing rapidly growing economies, increasing middle class populations, and continuing urbanization – all factors contributing to favorable conditions for U.S. export expansion.
Trade mission participants include leaders from the Georgia and Idaho departments of agriculture, as well as representatives from the following companies and organizations:
- Agri Export International, LLC, Columbia, S.C.
- Alltech, Nicholasville, Ky.
- Bridgepathway, LLC, Jericho, N.Y.
- Clarkson Specialty Lecithins, LLC, Decatur, Ill.
- Food Export USA, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Global Export Marketing Co., Ltd., New York, N.Y.
- Green Plains Inc., Omaha, Neb.
- Growth Energy, Washington, D.C.
- Hudson Exports, Edison, N.J.
- Inkrumah Agriculture, Export, & Food Services, Inc., Atlanta, Ga.
- JM Grain, Garrison, N.D.
- Marinelli Shellfish, Seattle, Wash.
- Marquis Energy, Hennepin, Ill.
- Ozone Trading, LLC, Ballwin, Mo.
- Premium Peanut, Douglas, Ga.
- Raisin Administrative Committee, Fresno, Calif.
- Sun World International, LLC, Bakersfield,, Calif.
- Super Lumber Limited, Savannah, Ga.
- That Crazy Bee Guy!, Springfield, Ohio
- Trenwell, LLC, Miami, Fla.
- United Global Trading, Dallas, Texas
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- U.S. Grains Council, Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Soybean Export Council, Chesterfield, Mo.